Photography Lighting - Photography Tip - Landscape Photography - Newbies Photography
Amateur Photography - Wedding Photography - Jewelry Photography -
This concise guide has all the information you need to successfully make your own jewelry using knotting techniques. Clear, step-by-step, fully illustrated instructions show you exactly how to knot between beads and attached various types of clasps and finishes. The book also explains how to evaluate, select, and care for pearls and gemstones; how to select findings and tools; the pros and cons of silk versus nylon stringing material; and more.
About the Author
Carson Eddy is the owner of The Boston Bead Company, with stores in Cambridge and Salem, Massachusetts. Co-authors Rachael Evans and Kate Feld have both worked for the company. Evans has been a bead buyer, manager, and jewelry designer over the course of 12 years, and Feld has worked as store manager and is currently the staff designer. The Boston Bead Company offers an extensive calendar of classes and in-store demonstrations and maintains an online resource center, beadOpedia.
Photography: A Critical Introduction was the first introductory textbook to examine key debates in photographic theory and place them in their social and political contexts, and is now established as one of the leading textbooks in its field. Written especially for students in higher education and for introductory college courses, this fully revised edition provides a coherent introduction to the nature of photographic seeing.
Individual chapters cover:
- Key debates in photographic theory and history
- Documentary photography and photojournalism
- Personal and popular photography
- Photography and the human body
- Photography and commodity culture
- Photography as art
This revised and updated fifth edition includes:
- New case studies on topics such as: materialism and embodiment, the commodification of human experience, and an extended discussion of landscape as genre.
- 98 photographs and images, featuring work from: Bill Brandt, Susan Derges, Rineke Dijkstra, Fran Herbello, Hannah Hoch, Karen Knorr, Dorothea Lange, Chrystel Lebas, Susan Meiselas, Lee Miller, Martin Parr, Ingrid Pollard, Jacob Riis, Alexander Rodchenko, Andres Serrano, Cindy Sherman and Jeff Wall.
- Fully updated resource information, including guides to public archives and useful websites.
- A full glossary of terms and a comprehensive bibliography.
Contributors: Michelle Henning, Patricia Holland, Derrick Price, Anandi Ramamurthy and Liz Wells.
Photography Tips Articles
Photography Tips Books